To make document upload even easier, you can now send all the attachments you want directly to any checklist item you choose (Heading, Line Item, Folder), using email.
Email-to-folder needs to be enabled on the room level:
- Head over to Room Settings in the room you choose.
- Scroll down and click on the toggle to enable this option.
Next, locate the Line Item (Heading or Folder) you want to add the attachment(s) to.
- Click the actions menu on the right side
- Click on the Email-to-Folder button
Now, let's find and copy the unique folder email address you can use to send attachments to.
- Click Copy button to copy your folder's address
- Head over to your desired email client, create a new email and use the address you have copied as a destination.
- Add the file(s) you want to upload directly to your Line Item
How to find the folder's email address:
Public Email to Folder (Beta)
You can share a public email address to an item from your checklist with users who aren't in your room or who don't have a ProDeal account.
- Follow the steps above to copy the email address for an item.
- Send that email address to the person you want to upload documents to your checklist.
- The uploader will create a new email, add the copied email address as the email destination, and attach any files.
Keep in mind that both you and a user outside the room will get an email confirmation if the upload was successful.
Once the upload is successful, you will see the document and email under the corresponding item. Documents uploaded by users outside the room will be renamed: e.g. contract.docx will be renamed to contract (firstname.lastname@example.org).docx.
If the room creator is removed from the room, this feature will fail.
As the feature is still in beta, please contact support (email@example.com) if you'd like to test out public email to folder.
- Email-to-folder needs to be enabled for each room you choose
- Make sure you send the email from the email address you're using to log-in to ProDeal
- You can send multiple attachments to be uploaded to your folder
- Email header and body will be converted to PDF and uploaded to your folder as well
- The maximum file(s) size possible to upload through one email is 20MB
- Users who belong to Guests and Restricted Guests teams can't send emails to headings.
- Users who belong to View Only team can't use this feature.