Organizations can add an additional layer of security to their rooms in order to prevent sharing with external parties by leveraging our Private Rooms setting.
In addition to adding more security by enabling and using Watermarking on documents, you can now create new Private Rooms or convert an existing, regular room to a Private Room. Private Rooms restrict access to any external, unapproved user.
- By default, the Private Room is accessible only to members of the whitelisted organization(s) - existing ProDeal users will be added to the room automatically, and new users will be invited to sign-up to ProDeal and join the room.
- The Private Room feature needs to be enabled for each existing or new room you choose.
- No external parties can be invited to the Private Room.
- The user who created the room may request to add additional organization(s) to a Private Room by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Private Room will stay private even if the room creator is no longer active or removed from the room.
Creating a new private room
- Click the NEW ROOM button on your Dashboard.
- Toggle ON for Private Room option.
- Click CREATE ROOM to confirm.
Converting existing rooms to private
- You can convert existing rooms to private if they contain only members from the approved organization(s).
- If your room has members from unapproved organization(s) or active invites for members from unapproved organization(s), please remove them from the room first.
To convert your room to a private room:
- Enter the room you want to convert to a private room.
- Click on Room Settings in the left side menu.
- Toggle ON Private Room.
- Click SAVE.
You can easily check your rooms' status from the dashboard or room directly.
All the Private Rooms will be visibly marked with a lock icon.
Private room example on the dashboard
Private room example from the room view
Inviting members to a Private Room
You can add ONLY people belonging to the approved organization(s) to your Private Room (their email address is from the whitelisted domain).
Existing ProDeal users from the approved organization(s) will be added to the room automatically after the invite is sent.
Invited people without a ProDeal account will receive the invitation to create the account first. After they create the account, they will be added to the room automatically.
- Enter the Teams page for the desired room:
From the dashboard: for the selected room, click the corresponding actions menu and then Teams.
From your room's checklist: click Teams from the left-hand sidebar in your room.
- On the Teams page, click INVITE USERS button for the desired Team.
- Enter the email address that you want to add to the team and click Add Users. You can add multiple email addresses at once
- Check all the emails you've added - in case you need to edit, please remove it and add the correct email address again.
- Click SEND INVITES to confirm and send invites.
- On the Teams page, you can check the status for all invited members.
- If needed, you can Resend or Delete each individual invitation.