To run your checklist status calls more efficiently, these three best practices will keep you ahead of the deal and your day.
1. Update the status column
Use the second checklist column as a "status" column to add updates the way you would normally do this in your word or pdf checklist.
Your checklist columns can be used to display your items':
- Access (see which teams can access the item)
- Responsibility (see which teams are responsible for the item)
- Last Note (the last note posted for the item)
- Upload date (date the item was created or document uploaded)
- Custom column - (you can add status updates or any other important information)
2. Use notes for greater details
If you're missing diligence like searches or title commitments for a significant number of properties, post a note in the "Properties" or "Organizations" headings.
Providing a list of outstanding items in the notes section will give the borrower visibility during the call as well as save you time coordinating with them after the call.
You can also use notes for more detailed updates or back and forth conversations that don't fit in the status column.
3. Email everyone before your call
Pre-call emails are a good way to remind everyone that you're using ProDeal's real-time checklist on today's call. See below for a sample email you can send.
---BEGIN SAMPLE EMAIL---
All - we will be running today's checklist call directly from the ProDeal room. Click here (https://prodeal360.com/dashboard/5458) for all of the most recent updates.
Reminder: you can filter the checklist for all open, in progress or closed items. Here are instructions on how to do this: https://help.prodeal360.com/en/articles/3066370-filter-your-checklist
For those that would like to review a PDF checklist, please see attached.
---END SAMPLE EMAIL---